King County voters!!!!
Thank you for the opportunity to serve on the Seattle Port Commission. Since entering office in 2016, I’ve worked hard to reduce the Port’s climate impacts while increasing good-paying, meaningful careers in King County.
I came to the Port with 30 years experience as a conservation leader protecting the health of our marine environment and those dependent upon it. As a Commissioner, I’ve supported our quality of life by securing environmental safeguards while expanding the economic benefits of trade, tourism, fishing and recreation. I’ve helped guide major transformations at the airport and seaport, and emphasized integrity through the hiring of the new Executive Director and championing creation of the Senior Director of Equity, Diversity and Inclusion position.
In my next term I will continue to:
· Work with business and labor to protect our working waterfront and industrial lands to advance a diverse economy.
· Reduce climate impacts as founding Chair of the Energy & Sustainability Committee.
· Expand opportunities for women and minority-owned businesses while seeking environmental and economic justice for disproportionately impacted communities.
· Inspire youth to pursue Port-related jobs of the future by championing innovation, apprenticeships and internships.
· Be accessible, inclusive and responsive to community interests.
We can all share in the natural wealth, economic opportunity and beauty of the Puget Sound region with Port policies rooted in ecological integrity, social equity and fiscal responsibility.
I’m proudly endorsed by: The Stranger, Seattle Times, Congressman Adam Smith, Lands Commissioner Hilary Franz, AG Bob Ferguson, King County Executive Dow Constantine, Mayor Jenny Durkan, MLK County Labor Council, OneAmerica Votes, King County Democrats, Washington Conservation Voters, Progressive Voters Guide, Port of Seattle Firefighters, Speaker Frank Chopp, Senators David Frockt, Reuven Carlyle, Mona Das and Bob Hasegawa, Representatives Gael Tarleton and Sharon Tomiko Santos, my fellow Port Commissioners, Burien Mayor Jimmy Matta, Puget Sound Pilots, Teamsters Local 117, Sailors’ Union of the Pacific, Sierra Club, and 6 Democratic Legislative Districts.
I respectfully ask for your vote.
Seattle Port Commissioner